January 17, 2012

Chain Crafting Part 2: Chain Collar!

CHAIN COLLAR! HOLLER! 
Does anyone else watch Tosh.0 and remember when Tosh wore a collared shirt every episode for a season? No? Well I do. And this here necklace was inspired by that. 

No, it wasn't. I was more inspired by Dannijo's awesome Hixon Bib that I very much so want. (I also want everything else they make. Just sayin'. In case you are in the mood to drop a few Benjamin's on moi, my birthday is in September.) 
But, back to Tosh.0 - if you don't watch it, you should. It's flippin' hilarious. 
That's all. 
.
..
...

No, that's not all silly! I still have to show you the craft! 
ANNNDDDD here it is!
Chain collar, people. Chain. Collar. 


Supplies:
IGNORE THE SCISSORS. I had been crafting for a while when I started this little ditty. It was late. I think I was delirious. Point is, you do not need scissors for this project. 

1. A light weight chain from Toho Shoji.
2. Metal loops from Toho Shoji. 
3. Lobster claw hook from Toho Shoji.
4. Pliers from a local hardware store. 

Step 1:
Use the pliers to cut the chain in half. 

Step 2:
Use the pliers and the metal loops to attach both ends of each piece of chain. You should end up with two chain loops. 

Step 3:
Use pliers and metal loops to attach the two chain loops you made in step 2. 

Step 4:
About 1/3 of the way from the two chain connection, add a metal loop and the lobster clasp to one of the chain loops. 

Step 5: 
Add a metal loop to the other chain loop the same distance from the connection. 

HOLLER FOR MY COLLAR! 









Adjectives I could use to describe my new necklace: 
Girly
Edgy
Trendy
Pretty
Shiny
Delicate
Chunky
 I could go on.
POINT IS- this is a pretty versatile piece of metal. And I can't wait to wear it!

Have you made any bad-ass collar necklaces lately? Tell me you have! Then send me the pictures. Or buy this one. Seriously, I can make it for you. It would be my pleasure. E-me!


7 comments:

Leti said...

I absolutely love this necklace! You have become one of my favourite reads every day. You crack me up every single time... And I'm pretty impressed how you manage to do a whole tutorial every single day! Please keep going like this I am loving it!!!

Aurielle said...

I love your blog. It is young and wonderfully crafty! A breath of fresh air in this world of stay-at-home-moms-making-things-you-don't-need-craft-blog-world. :)Please don't stop! I think you have the potential to be very well known.

Aurielle said...

Also, I am pinning your stuff like crazy because I want people to come here!! Hope you don't mind ;)

Melissa Hope said...

Thank you! Thank you! Keep pinning please! XO

Unknown said...

Love this blog!! I'm so glad I found this entry because I've been making collars too! I love this look with the chains!

Yak Man said...

omg, love it!♥ gonna try this!

Gaskill said...

what size chain is that?

Post a Comment