January 18, 2012

Chain Crafting Part 3: Chain Tassel Earrings

This is the third and final post of the always exciting "Chain Crafting" series. (Until the next time I go chain happy at Toho.) It has been a three day adventure that took your relationship with pliers to new heights. But don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened. 

How much do you want to punch me right now? I bet a lot. I kind of want to punch myself. 
I won't, but I definitely thought about it.

For the last chain craft (not ever silly, just for this series) I decided to pretend that a chain and a tassel got married, did the nasty, and reproduced a hybrid offspring. What would that child look like? 

It would be chain tassel, DUH. 
OHHHHH! It's so cute! 
Good marriage. Very good marriage.


Supplies:
1. A variety of different small chains from Toho Shoji.
2. Metal loops from Toho Shoji.
3. Earring hooks from Toho Shoji.
4. Scissors
4. Pliers from a local hardware store. 

Step 1:
Cut two pieces of each chain, each around 2.5 inches long.

Step 2:
Attach one of each chain to a metal loop as well as the earring hook. Secure closed with the pliers. Repeat for the second earring. 

BOOM: Tassel chain hybrid! 
Surprisingly simple to make, eh? 
Yes. My new Leica camera takes bad ass close up pictures. I know about it. 




I think they look just dandy! I love the way they dangle. I chose to make my chains uneven because I think asymmetry is whimsical. This might not be your jam. Do what your heart tells you to do. 

...and then send me pictures of it. HERE. Or buy these off of me. You know what to do. 
Smooches. 

No comments:

Post a Comment