December 5, 2011

Spiked Bracelet

It's Monday people! You know what that mean! (Don't you?) YOU GUYS. It means that I spent the past 48 hours crafting until my fingers bled. (No that's not true. My finger didn't actually bleed. I was exaggerating to spike your interest.) 

Point of the story: You have some very awesome projects to look forward to this week. Just Sayin'. 

Today I give you: The SPIKED BRACELET.
(Did you see how I used the word "spike" in the first paragraph. It was a pun. Clever, eh? Whatever. I'm proud of my punning skillz.)
Boom! A fantastic and violent accessory to match your spiked business holder. Snaps for coordination! 


Supplies: 
1. Metal spikes from M&J
2. A clasp from Toho
3. A metal ring from Toho
4. A purple chain from Toho
5. Pliers from a local hardware store

Step 1:
Thread the clasp onto the loop. 

Step 2: 
Thread the first link onto the loop as well. 

Step 3: 
Use the pliers to close the loop. 

Step 4:
Use your wrist to find the proper length and where to cut the chain. 

Step 5:
Use the pliers to cut the chain to fit.

Step 6: 
Unscrew a spike.

Step 7:
Place the screw through a link in the chain. 


Screw the spike back onto the screw. Screw, screw, screw! Repeat for the remaining links in the chain. Leave the last link without a spike. 

AND TA DA!
I made a spiked bracelet!

This is what it looks like on my hand. 

And this is what it looks like on my hand while I pet Lola.



 What a great gift for your edgy (and by edgy I mean angst-y) amigos! See, I'm full of great ideas. 

GUESS WHAT?!?!? This baby is up on Etsy! So you don't even have to e-me if you want one for yourself.  (You do have to e-me if you make one for yourself because I want to see pictures! Duh.)


2 comments:

Julia said...

Hello, i'm french, do you know where can i found Metal spikes and so one in Paris ? Or on the net (a shop who can send my order in france!!) Thankss !!

Melissa Hope said...

Hello Frenchie!
This online store ships out of the US:
https://www.studsandspikes.com

They have a great selection and cheap prices!
Hope this helps!

Post a Comment