November 29, 2011

Rhinestone Sunglasses!

More sunglasses? YES. More sunglasses. Never enough sunglasses. And these are FANTASTIC. 

A few weeks back I found this image somewhere:
Boy, oh boy, oh boy! Was I excited. I have been looking forward to making my own ever since. (And, AGAIN, I lost the source. It was not a DIY item, but rather sunglasses for sale. And they were mucho dinero. Not an option for me to purchase.)

Mine are not half bad! Check it out!


Supplies:
1. E6000 glue from M&J
2. Cat eye sunglasses from St. Marks
3. Clear rhinestones from Michael's
4. A small paint brush from Michael's
5. A piece of scrap paper

Step 1:
Plot out the placement of your rhinestones. This will help you understand what sort of space you have and what you can do with it. Planning is important!

Step 2:
Add some glue to the scrap paper and dip your brush. 

Step 3:
Add a small amount of glue to the backside of a rhinestone.

Step 4:
Place rhinestone onto sunglasses. Repeat until all of your rhinestones are where they belong on both sides of the glasses.

Step 5:
Let glasses sit to dry.

So easy, SO GLAM!

This is me winking at you. You can't tell... cause I'm wearing sunglasses. So I just look like an asshole with my mouth wide open. I should have thought that through...
Could I be a bigger nerd? 
No. The answer is no.

The end. 

I can't wait for you to send me your sun-goggles HERE!  I'll be happy to help you out and make them for you. YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO. 






1 comment:

Shine said...

Similar pair of glasses at Gasolineglamour.com

Post a Comment