November 16, 2011

One More Bracelet!

No, I'm just kidding. There will definitely be more than one more bracelet. As it turns out, I have a tendency towards making bracelets. This is news to me, but I am going with it. You know, sticking with what works.

FULL DISCLOSURE: I definitely got the idea for this bracelet from another blog. The bad news: I can't remember which!! The good news: I have listed all of my favorite crafting blogs to the right. It was definitely from one of those. I'm just trying to give credit where credit is due. And I'm failing. I'M SORRY.

But this bracelet is really pretty. People asked me WHERE I GOT IT. They thought it was purchased. From a store. WHOA. 

What you need: 
1. Pliers from a local hardware store
2. Rhinestone chain from Toho
2. Two chains of equal size and length from Toho
2. Suede strand from Toho
3. Clasps from Michael's
4. Hooks from Michael's

Step 1: 
Tie the two chains together using the suede strand. You can't tell, but the right strand is WAY longer than the left strand. Yours should be the same.

Lola and I got into a fight over the suede strand:
Bitch. 

Step 2: 
I'm not good with words so this is going to be hard to describe, but the picture is a good visual reference. Take the longer side of suede and thread it through one chain from underneath and then the other from above. 

Make sense? I hope so, cause that's the best I got.

Step 3: 
Hold the rhinestone chain at the center of the two chains.

Step 4: 
Thread the suede just like in step 2, except this time over the nook in the rhinestone chain. Continue this pattern until you reach your desired length. 

Step 5: 
Cut excess chain and rhinestone chain with pliers. 

Step 6: 
Attach clasps to one side of the bracelet and hook to the other. Trim excess suede. 

AND THAT'S IT! 
DAYUMMMMM. That was fast. I also made one using only one chain. Experimenting is COOL. 

Here I am about to head out for a night on the town wearing my cool new arm candy. YEAH YUH! 


e-me your gorgeous creations! Or not. I can always make it for you. e-me anyways! 



No comments:

Post a Comment