November 21, 2011

No Mess Glitter Coasters!

Happy Monday, friends! I am particularly jolly on this Monday, because it is a short work week! WOOOO! YAY turkey day! 
I'm very excited about the whole thing because not only will I not be working, but I will simultaneously be eating ridiculous amounts of delicious food. It really doesn't get any better than that.
 I also plan to go crazy at the suburban Michael's and Home Depot. Crafting in this city is NOT EASY. There is barely any space to work in my tiny apartment and it's impossible to get supplies! Michael's on 96th street?! Are they kidding? It takes the hand of God to get me above 14th street for anything else. 
Cars: One of the may reasons why I love going home. 

Back to business crafting. How crazy is this post's title?! "No Mess" and "Glitter" are mutually exclusive in general. But not today, dear readers, not today. I found the most amazing product at a plastics store on Canal Street, called Canal Plastics (get it?) They sell, what for it... GLITTER ADHESIVE. What is that? Oh its just a GIANT GLITTER STICKER that is sold by the yard. THE YARD. It's absurd. 

I used my new glitter adhesive to make:
GLITTERY COASTERS!!!
ooOOooOooOoOooOOOoooOOooOOOooo! So shiny!


Supplies:
1. Glitter adhesive (I got hot pink, but the color doesn't actually matter in this application – the only other colors they had were light pink and royal blue) from Canal Plastics.
2. TRANSPARENT plexiglass 4x4s in colors from Canal Plastics.
3. A cutting surface from Michael's.
4. An X-Acto knife from a local hardware store.

Step 1:
Place one plexiglass 4x4 on the backside of large sheet of glitter adhesive.

 Step 2:
Use X-Acto knife to cut a piece of glitter adhesive slightly larger that the plexiglass 4x4.

Step 3:
Peel the adhesive away from the backing. (You can kind of see that the sticky side of the adhesive is silver glitter.) 

Step 4:
Place the sticky side of the glitter adhesive onto the plexiglass 4x4.

Step 5: 
Flip over.

Step 6: 
Trim excess adhesive using the Exacto Kinfe. 

NO MESS!!

Look at how many I made:
These make awesome gifts for your lady friends. (I'm no expert, but I don't think the men enjoy glitter too much.)

And now I can enjoy my mug of water without fear of water rings! SWEET!

I have so many of these now, I can sell some! You can look forward to my Etsy shop, coming soon, for you shopping convenience. In the meantime, e-me with your requests! 



1 comment:

Bella's Caring Products said...

Do you know of a source for the glitter adhesive online? I checked on amazon, but it only shows glitter glue.

Post a Comment