April 26, 2012

Asos Lightening Bolt Earrings

I have taken a several month break from shopping. Why? Because I'm a broke-ass lady and I need to learn how to conserve my cash. 

Then my tax return happened and I was all like "HOLY MOTHER OF MOSES, FREE MONEYS. BUY EVERYTHING." Consequently, I have spent many hours over the past week on the internet carefully selecting my loot. 

Truthfully, I wanted to get these sweet-ass 3.1 Phillip Lim shoes. I was so excited when Saks announced a 20% off sale. Then I read the terms and conditions (which no one really reads). Mother fuckers excluded 3.1 Philip Lim from the sale. In my head, I was prepared to spend 4-5 precious hundies on the shoes. But without the discount, plus tax and shipping, the shoes were like 700 big ones. Too much, Phillip. Too, too much. 

Point of the story, I really never had any business buying designer shoes. In good news, I got lots of smaller fun things for a fraction of the cost! 
How this relates to today's craft: it does not. 
I just miss talking to you. Sue me. 

In my scouring of the eCommerce world I found these sweet ass earrings:

These are hot. Save your 30 dollars for future 3.1 Phillip Lim shoes and make them. 

And make them I did:

Not too shabby, right?! 
Another fun craft that have received many several a few two compliments. 




Supplies:
1. White fimo from Michaels.
2. Pliers from a local hardware store. 
3. An X-Acto knife from a local hardware store
4. Earring hooks from Michael's.
5. Metal loops from Michael's.
6. Pasta machine from Michael's. 
7. A nail from a local hardware store. 

Step 1:
Pull the fimo through the pasta machine. 

Step 2:
Use the X-Acto knife to cut out a lightening bolt. This should be about 2 inches in length. 

Step 3:
Use the X-Acto knife to cut out a second bolt, slightly bigger than the first. 

Step 4:
Use the nail to make a hole at the top of the bolt. 
Repeat steps 1-4 to create a second bolt. 
Bake according to directions on fimo package. 

Step 5:
Use the pliers and metal loops to attach the earring hook. 

Boom shakalakakakaka,
BOOM. 


 ...awkward. 




Thanks @petermacari for being my bomb-ass photographer. You are sweet, Pete... er. 

No comments:

Post a Comment