October 3, 2012

DIY Rag & Bone Ombre Jeans

I found these super slick Rag & Bone pantalones on the interwebs a few days back:
[via]
Rad, right!?
But also, super trendy. 

In my recent effort to never invest in trendy items ever (toot toot classic pieces!) I decided to make this bleach ombre dream myself instead of purchasing. Also, I'm broke. So buying was not a legitimate option. I used a beat-up pair of BDG jeans that I was planning to throw away anyways. 
Reduce, reuse, recycle. Save the environment and some shekels all in one shot. 
You know what I always say: When the world gives you ratty-worn-down jeans, bleach 'em!
I know mine didn't turn out exactly like the Rag & Bone pair. A bit less subtle in color and fade, but bomb in their own right. In real life, it looks kind of like a flame. In my mind, these are the jeans Katniss Everdeen would wear, if only they were red...



Supplies:
1. Bleach from Duane Reade.
2. A spray bottle. (I used an old hair spray bottle because I'm cheap like that.)
3. A garbage bag.
4. Old black jeans from Urban Outfitters.

Step 1:
Pour the bleach into the spray bottle.

Step 2:
Lay the bottom of your jeans over the garbage bag on the floor. 

Step 3:
Spray the bleach on the bottom section of the jeans focusing a heavy spray on the ankle are and a lighter mist on the calf area. Let dry and repeat on the back side. 







You know what I want you to do. No!?
Dude

FOLLOW ME ON ALL THE SOCIAL MEDIA!

   
   

3 comments:

V. said...

Great job!!

New post on SEARCH IN FASHION - Top 5 weekly picks: Boots DIY

Amber said...

It might help the fade to dilute the bleach with a little water

Patricia Moller said...

I like this DIY acid jeans. I'm so prepared to re-make old jeans. Mine are from humor jeans uk.

Post a Comment