September 19, 2012

DIY Lace Bulletin Board

In my post previous to this, I ranted about all things amazing September. I neglected to mention that in addition to all the wonderfulness it's also my best lady's birthday month. Being that I am broke and stuff, I decided to make a birthday gift instead of purchasing one. Plus, that's pretty much how I show people love: by making them shit. It's weird but it works. 

In stark contrast to the general tornado of glitter and rainbows that surrounds me, everything in my aforementioned galpal's apartment is white. So I made her this shabby-chic bulletin board in the theme of white:
Happy birthday, female friend!



Supplies:
1. Frame from Junk.
2. White paint from Blick. 
3. Cork board from Michael's.
4. Paint brush from Blick.
5. Lace fabric from the garment district. 
6. Scissors.
7. E6000 glue from M&J.
8. Stapler. 

Step 1:
Cut the cork board to fit into the frame. 

Step 2:
Paint both the frame and the cork board white. Let dry. 

Step 3:
Place the cork board over the lace fabric white side down.

Step 4:
Stretch the fabric around the board so that it is taught in the front and staple it down. 

Step 5:
Add some globs of glue into the inner edges or the frame. 

Step 6:
Place the wrapped cork board into the frame and let the glue dry over night. 





I did a pretty crappy job of photographing the final product. And for that, I apologize. 

LOVE ME ANYWAYS!
   
   

2 comments:

Amity Originals said...

I love all your DIY's...I am a fellow glitteraholic!! I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger award. The original link is here: http://amityoriginals.blogspot.com/2012/09/an-award.html

Darren Demers said...

In stark contrast to the general tornado of glitter and rainbows that surrounds me, everything in my aforementioned galpal's apartment is white. So I made her this shabby-chic bulletin board in the theme of white: buy lawn online in pakistan , lawn collection online shopping ,

Post a Comment