August 17, 2012

DIY Tutrial: How to crop a t-shirt.

Let's all embrace our inner hipster while I reveal to you my new favorite t-shit.

Here is it in all of it's cropped glory:
It's great, isn't it?
Fall uniform: This tee, black jeans, docs, bike jacket. Instaballer. 

A few weeks back one of my more bad-ass coworkers (Hi, Adam!) directed me to this dream of an e-store. I spent hours, nay, days debating which shirt to buy. They are all so so wonderful in so many ways. It was a tough call, but in the end the three wolves howling at the moon was the one. It was always the one. I sized up and went baggy, because the shirt is a men's cut and I have boobs. Pre-crop, it was quite long and the sleeves were too baggy for my lady arms. It looked alright when I rolled the sleeves up, but I wanted a muscle tee. And, as my bad-ass coworker Adam said, "Suns out, guns out." And you know, I think that's a truth we should all live by. 

Here I am being a derp and wearing the muscle-t for a night out on the town. 
I think I look great. But that's just my opinion. 

And here is Dwight wearing the same tee on The Office:
Howl on, Dwight. Howl on. 

I obviously didn't make this shirt BUT I did crop it, and I cropped it well. Some people are reluctant to bring scissors to their clothes in fear of ruining a perfectly OK item. I gotchyou bro. I gotchyou. You see, my ultimate goal in life to to eliminate the fear of bringing scissors to fabric. We all have our purpose in life. This happens to be mine.  



Supplies:
1. Awesome t-shirt from The Mountain. 
2. That tank top in your closet that fits you perfectly. 
3. Scissors. 
4. A white chalk pencil from Blick. 

Step 1:
Lay your tank top over your t-shirt. 

Step 2:
Use the white pencil to outline the tank on your t-shirt. Get both arm holes as well as the bottom length. 

Step 3:
Cut along the white lines. I made mine about and inch shorter in front. 

Now wear it out and look awesome:




I see many more Mountain Tees in my future. You? 

FOLLOW ME ON ALL THE SOCIAL MEDIA!
   
   

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bahaha if Dwight wore it you know it's hip! Love the crop!

Post a Comment