June 20, 2012

Metallic Hair Bow

You guys. I am having a moment with metallic silver. It all started with these docs. Then this bag. And finally, with the help of an amazing sale and free shipping promotion, these shoes. So, when I saw silver pleather trim at M&J I knew it had to be mine. 

Obviously, I made a metallic hair bow. Because that's just the kind of shit I do.

It's all very 'space-age'. Pretty soon I'll be walking around in head to toe metallic. Kind of like this:
Yeah, that's me. 
You know you want a piece. 



Supplies:
1. Pleather ribbon trim from M&J.
2. Scissors. 
3. Hot glue gun and glue from Michael's.
4. Hair barrette from M&J.

Step 1:
Cut a piece of ribbon about double the length that you want your bow to be. 

Step 2:
Glue the ends of the ribbon together with the hot glue to create a loop with the ribbon. 

Step 3:
Cut a small piece of ribbon. 

Step 4:
Take the loop and shift the seam to the back side. Pinch the center to create a bow shape. 

Step 5:
Fold the small piece of ribbon in half and wrap it around the pinch. Glue together in the back. 

Step 6:
Glue the back of the bow to the hair barrette. (Yes my hot glue has glitter in it. Just accept it and move on.) 




Thanks again to my lovely lady Ashleigh for her hair and time. 

I can make this for you if you email me and tell me that you love me. 



1 comment:

xx Macie said...

Eagerly awaiting the day you adorn yourself fully in metallics.

amen fashion, xo.

Post a Comment